My name is Kris Williams, Founder of Dreams Unlocked Tutoring, and if you are a parent whose child is bright and works hard, yet still struggles to keep up in school, then I know how you feel and I can assure you that you have come to the right place. I am passionate about equipping students to succeed in school because this success has such a significant impact on their confidence as they dream dreams and make plans for their lives.
I am not satisfied until a student discovers that learning is exciting and that he or she has the tools and strategies necessary to tackle any learning situation with confidence.
Aside from being a former teacher with a Master’s Degree in Special Education, I am the mother of a bright child who struggled in school before I knew what I now know about Dyslexia and AD/HD. His experience fuels my passion for equipping students with the tools they need to achieve their dreams and show the world how bright they are.
Beyond teaching you or your student to read and spell or to get a firm grasp on math, I will coach you on technologies and accommodations that are available and appropriate to make school (and life) a level playing field.
My Training and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Special Education
- Training in the Making Math Real method:
- The Four Operations and 400 Math Facts
- Fractions, Decimals and Advanced Place Value
- 9 Lines Multiplication Fact Strategy
- Certified in the Barton Reading and Spelling System
- Advanced training in Screening for Dyslexia
- Specialized training in LiPS (Lindamood Bell Phonemic Awareness Program for Auditory Discrimination in Depth)
- Specialized training in Dysgraphia (handwriting) Intervention
- Former Special Education Teacher
- Former First Grade Teacher