Replace Math Anxiety and Tears with Confidence and Success
- Is your child struggling in math?
- Do seemingly simple assignments take forever, and result in frustration for both of you?
- You know they are bright, but these concepts are just not making sense to them.
- You drill and drill on math facts, but they just don’t stick.
- Are you becoming concerned that their ongoing struggles are affecting their long-term self-esteem or that they may be held back a grade?
- Is homework time taking over your evenings?
If that sounds painfully familiar, I know what that feels like. I’ve been where you are and I know your frustration. So many people believe they are not “good at” math or will never “get it”. Yet, if presented in an effective manner, almost everyone can understand and be successful with math. After searching for 30 years, I have found a method of teaching math that will help your child to not only succeed in math, but to enjoy it.
With this method, the math is broken down into small bites that are easily understood. These small “bites” are then layered one upon another, using strategically crafted language and visual cues that help students to develop a mental picture of what the mathematical operation actually means. The most exciting result of learning math this way is the development of executive function. Math is really just the vehicle for training the brain to keep the big picture in mind while managing the details all the way to the end.
This is what students tutored in the Making Math Real method experience:
- “I am the best student at math in my class because of your good teaching.”
-Second Grade student, considered for retention due to math struggles at the end of First Grade
- “This is going to be the best year of school ever!”
-Fourth Grader who has been with me for 8 months
- “I think you should probably tell everyone you know about this, especially the teacher at my old school.”
Imagine what it will feel like when your child loves math and is excited to do his/her homework…when peace is restored in your relationship with your student and you can enjoy evenings together again…when your child is beaming with pride because they are the top student in their math class.
In all my years of searching, I have never seen students experience the level of success they do with this method. I love seeing them light up when they experience those magic moments where a concept “clicks” and locks in, and they own it forever.
Please call today for your free consultation and turn your child’s math anxiety and tears into confidence and success.
Call 702-815-0676 or Email email@example.com to set up your free consultation.
Helpful Articles About The Methods Behind Dreams Unlocked Tutoring